The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools course is aimed at anyone looking to work as a Teaching Assistant, supporting teaching and learning in school. Teaching Assistant supports the teacher in the classroom to ensure the pupils are able to derive the most benefit from each lesson. The training focuses on understanding, supporting, safeguarding and developing children and young people. It not only covers the theoretical knowledge underpinning the work of a teaching assistant, but it also requires a practical and competence-based element giving you the opportunity to conduct some of your learning in the workplace.
In order to successfully complete the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification Candidate would be required to complete a work placement of at least 50 hours.
To achieve the qualification, candidates must achieve 32 credits by completing all 11 mandatory units.
To successfully complete a unit, each candidate has to provide evidence satisfying all the performance and knowledge standards in that unit.
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and
- Schools as organisations
GCSE Grade A – C in Maths, English and ICT
NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools, Level 5 or a degree in Teaching and Learning
5 – 6 months
5 – 6 months
The cost of this course is £450 until 31st March 2017, when it would go back to being £850!