NVQ Level 3 Courses
Are you looking to study NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People’s Workforce or Customer Service and you not sure how to fund your study? The government has introduced 24+ Advanced Learning LoansÂ for all students aged 24 and above in furthereducation and training studying at Level 3 and above, including Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships. The loans will apply if you are starting your course or apprenticeship on or after 1 August 2013.
If you are over 24 and on an Access to Higher Education course and then go on to complete a degree, you wonâ€™t have to repay the loan for your Access course.
How do I know if I am eligible for a loan?
To get a loan you must be:
- Starting your course on or after 1 August 2013
- 24 or older on the first day of your course (there are no upper age limit)
- Living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, EU, the Channel islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this
- Taking an eligible course that’s level 3 or above (such as Access to Higher Education, BTEC Level 3, A levels or a higher or advanced apprenticeship)
- Studying at a college or training organisation in England approved for public funding
Getting a loan doesn’t depend on your household income and there are no credit check.
How much will I receive?
The amount you will get depends on the type of course you take and how much the tuition fees are. The minimum loan you can get is £300. You don’t have to borrow the full cost of your course. You can pay for some of it yourself.
Please note: The loans do not include exam fees.
How will the loan be paid?
The money will be paid directly to your college or training organisation, once they have confirmed you have attended the course for 2 weeks.
When will I have to repay the loan?
You wouldn’t have to pay anything back until you are earning over £21,000 a year. If you are on an Access to Higher Education course and go on to complete a degree, you wouldn’t have to repay the loan for your Access course.
When can I apply for a loan?
Between November and February
How many loans can I receive?
You can apply for more 24+ Advanced Learning Loans after you finish your course (4 in total), but:
- You can only get 1 loan at a time
- You can’t apply for another loan to repeat the same level of a course (e.g you can’t get a loan to fund a Level 3 Access to Nursing course when you have previously had a loan to fund a BTEC/Level 3 in Health and Social Care.)
If you are studying on a programme of more than one A Level in the same year, you can receive a loan for each A Level.
What do I need to do next?
Please see below our step by step guide to applying for your loan.
Where can I get more information?
If you have any questions please email us or visit the following websites:
For information on Level 3Â NVQ courses, call us today on 020 8555 6207